Due to the extreme increase cost of college recently, United Retirement Advisors Group has recognized the need for detailed college planning to ensure parents are taking advantage of all options available to them. This includes identifying which schools offer the most financial aid as opposed to loans, filling out the FAFSA form in the most efficient manner, and pursuing potential academic and athletic scholarships. URA Group has partnered with two premier organizations to help address all of these concerns and help you navigate through the process with confidence.
Our partnership with 123College.com enables us to provide the following services:
1. Develop a customized “Student Profile Report” that is approximately 50 to 80 pages filled with information regarding your eligibility for financial aid. It will also contain detailed information about colleges, universities, ACT/SAT board exams, AP/CLEP courses, etc.
2. Analyze your ability to qualify for college funding and to what extent by computing your Expected Family Contribution for both the Federal and complicated Institutional Methodology.
3. Assume annual responsibility for the completion of the complicated FAFSA form.
4. We will also file the C.S.S. Profile required by colleges that use the institutional methodology (one- time additional fee of $225), plus the registration and college costs charged by the College Board.
5. Provide a customized “College Search” that evaluates colleges you have specified and pinpoint others that offer the curriculum that fits your child’s career goal and a variety of other specified criteria. The schools chosen by 123College.com are generally those schools that historically have offered a combination of high monetary awards and strong educational values.
6. Gain access to the 123College.com “Negotiations Team.” We assist in helping you obtain more financial aid with colleges and universities that offer you unexpectedly low funding. We evaluate your financial aid package(s) and determine if the correct amount of financial aid is being provided. In the event that the package is being under awarded or mis-awarded, we either contact the financial aid officers on your behalf or create letter(s) for you to send to the schools requesting additional financial aid.
7. Provide you with SAT/ACT practice study guide along with software produced by the Kaplan Learning Centers and guaranteed to improve test scores.
8. Provide access to a computer driven, comprehensive college and career planning system. This online personality profile and aptitude test assists your student in choosing a major that your student should not only enjoy, but also excel in academically.
9. Inform your family about the top companies to obtain student loans that currently have the best interest rates and excellent customer service.
10. Provide a 1/2-hour one-on-one consultation with a 123College.com “Senior College Counselor” to discuss your Student Profile Report, FAFSA and/or CSS Profile filing, and the financial aid process.
11. Provide you with a toll-free customer service number to call with any questions or any issues you may wish to discuss.
Our partnership with Cornerstone Sports Recruit provides the following benefits if your child is a student athlete:
Evaluation - Provide the student athlete and their parents with a realistic evaluation of talent as well as what to expect based on their current academic standing.
Resume - Develop a working resume including scores, stats, and results highlighting the student athlete’s strengths within the game.
Video - Assist with the preparation of a visual by offering step by step advice to display important aspects of physical talent.*
Search/Advise - Devise a plan based on personal preferences, location, and talent allowing the student the best opportunity for a successful recruiting process.
*Creation of video/editing to be available upon request. Additional fees may apply based on case by case scenario.
For more information on any of these services, please contact United Retirement Advisors Group today to schedule an appointment. Consultations are free which provides a no-obligation way to begin the college planning process.